had flown with a number of airlines for business and pleasure and without a doubt, Aeromexico stands out as the worst airlines bar none.My wife, son and I boarded flight AM665 from San Francisco International airport on 12/15/2014 at 12:40 a.m.

The flight left at around 1 and landed at the Benito Juarez Airport at 7:10 a.m. It took about 10 minutes to reach the gate. Our seats unfortunately were on rows 22. By the time, we got out of the plane, another 15 minutes had gone by.

We waited another 15 more minutes to go through immigration (even though we were in transit to Managua, Nicaragua). When we reach the conveyor belt to collect our 6 luggage, they were still not ready to be picked up even though more than 1/2 an hour had gone by. After another 20 minutes of hearing and seeing Aeromexico's luggage carriers played soccer with a handmade taped soccer ball, we collected our luggage and passed through revision. After dropping off our luggage, we spent another 15 more minutes going through the airport gate security.

Another 7 to 10 minutes were spent walking to what it seems were last gate of this airport.we reached the gate at exactly 8:25 a.m. Upon arriving and letting the gate customer agent know that we were there to board the plane, this agent accused us of purposely taking our time to reach the gate. She clearly stated that it was our fault that we missed our plane since the flight from San Francisco had arrived about an hour prior to the departure of connecting flight. We were rushing as fast as we could to get to the gate and did not stop anywhere while trying to get to our designated gate.

Keep in mind that there were other passengers that had been stranded. I immediately requested to see a supervisor to discuss alternative flights to complete our planned travel. She send us to their customer kiosk and again two of the supervisors were blaming us for missing the plane. I became more upset and asked them to give us a connecting flight and the best they could do was to book us for the following day.

God helped me not to punch them in their faces, but I sure kicked their f... podium around. I asked them about the expenses to stay in Mexico overnight and they pretty much stated that was our problem and not theirs. I guess we were luckier than other passengers since some of them were being forced to pay to change flights or were not provided a connecting flight until the last minute.

I spent another 2 hours going over customer service, collecting my bags from immigration and booking a room. I spent an additional $300 dollars in hotel, tips and meals and that does not include the expenses for no showing up in Managua on the day scheduled. I waited to write this complaint until we were safely back in San Francisco since who knows what could have happened on my returned trip. By the way, I called and chatted with customer service about 5 times prior to my departure from SFO to inquire about the connecting time and what to expect in case of any delays and they assured me that there was enough time.

Please note, that they will say anything or blame you for anything to get your money. Also, we waited over 2 hours to go through immigration and customs on the returned trip. While custom is not Aeromexico's operation, keep in mind lack of Mexican airport efficiency when booking flights through Mexico. Overall, the money saved while flying with Aeromexico is not worth the aggravation and additional expenses.

I will not flight Aeromexico ever again if I can help it. Please read the other complaints as well and hope that you do not go through the same troubles that other passengers like me have experienced.. Another friend flying from Los Angeles also experienced the same troubles and he was not able to collect his luggage until about two days after he arrived to Managua. AVOID THIS AIRLINE AT ALL COST.

Please be aware that they are also flying in conjunction with Delta Airlines and based on my experience, they are made for each other.I do not want anything back but to save other people from this type experience.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of overall impression. Aeromexico Airlines needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned overall impression in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Aeromexico Airlines.

Had an Experience with Aeromexico Airlines?

Comments